- First discussions will be centered on your expectations, understanding your needs, project timelines, budget and overall vision for your project. We will assess these requirements and bring on board the appropriate architect and/or designer to meet the vision you have for your home.
Lot & Location
- If a lot has yet to be selected Gallé Construction works with you and your realtor, or we can provide on-staff real estate services to help you find the right property for your dream home. Once a property is acquired or if you already have the perfect location for your home, we will acquire the zoning by-laws specific to the property and determine the parameters for our preliminary design.
- Gallé Construction will direct the architectural design process from conceptual plan through to construction drawings. We will work with you and our design team to make all required zoning and/or Committee of Adjustment applications (if required) and through the engineering process. Gallé Construction’s guidance through the Schematic Design allows the client to further understand the scope of the project and allows us to identify your likes and dislikes all the while being mindful of the budget. This valuable insight and coordination pays back dividends once budgeting, scheduling and construction begins, as it saves time, cost, and most importantly increases the fluidity of the entire process.
- A vital and often overlooked stage in the design process, the engineering portion of the design will incorporate the mechanical, structural and architectural design into a working set of construction drawings. We are diligent in working together with the design and engineering teams to bring forward the most functional and efficient plan based on your overall expectations and vision.
- If you have Architectural drawings, or if you have been working with Gallé Construction through the design process, the budgeting process begins with an in-depth discussion of different finishes, materials and processes involved in building your dream home. There are many different aspects to the construction of your home that will directly affect the overall cost, the comprehensive review of these details will not only help you understand these options better, but most importantly – it will allow us to create a budget that is accurate and eliminate budget overruns.
- Once we establish a construction budget we begin the product selection process by providing you and/or the designer with a full scope of the items that need to be selected along with appropriate deadlines. This allows you to allocate your time on each item as you so choose. We will provide you with our expert industry contacts; from window manufacturers through to lighting suppliers. We will also provide you with any product literature or resources that will help you make decisions you will be confident in for years to come. Through our online web based program, you will have 24/7 access at your fingertips to check and/or update this information. Additional to the design aspect, we will also work to ensure that the future construction site is fully prepared for construction; from utility shut offs, and temporary services, to parking and security – we take care of all the details so you don’t have to.
- From breaking ground through to the final details – our team will keep a consistent line of communication open for questions and updates; starting with a weekly site meeting through to having 24/7 access to your project online. Open communication is imperative to our smooth process. You will be kept up to date on the construction schedule and budget. You will be supplied with the information and contacts you need to make informed and knowledgeable decisions for each aspect of your project. Our team is comprised of fully insured, skilled master trades people, knowledgeable and experienced suppliers and fabricators- all of whom provide the same passion for quality and service that we do.
- As the construction comes to an end, the excitement to move in and enjoy your new home begins! We will continue to answer any questions you may have in a timely and effective manner!