If you’re looking into having a custom home built, then there are few things you should know first.
You should take your time and carefully choose the right company as if you were going to go buy a home. This is going to be your simple guide to choosing the best custom home builders for your new house!
Let’s take a look at what you need to consider and the best custom home builders in Toronto.
What Do You Want in Your Home?
Before you start to contact all of the custom home builders around the Toronto area, you should first create a list of everything you want in your custom home. Jot down exactly what you’re going to want with as much detail as you can come up with.
Remember to really think about the layout and the future of your home as well – this is going to help you choose the right builders. During your interview with them, you’ll be able to explain what you need and see if they can accommodate all of it for you.
Potential Home Builders
Now that you have a list of exactly what you want, you can start looking for potential companies to work with. Now, when you start jotting down these companies, you want to make sure you only contact the best. Here are a couple of things to look out for in a great custom home builder –
- Professional customer service
- Part of the Ontario Home Builders Association
- Excellent testimonials and reviews from previous customers
- Part of the Building Industry Land Development Association
- Family-owned local business
- Enrolled with Tarion, as required by law in order to protect your home from defects for up to 7 years
These are just a couple of things to keep an eye out for that make a great company. You should also read testimonials from previous clients and contact them if possible to discuss the process.
Contact and Interview
After you’ve found a great company you think might be the one then it’s time to start contacting them at this point. If the company isn’t accessible or not returning your calls your emails, then it may be best to move on to another custom home builder.
Once you’ve contacted them, you can start setting up an interview with them to find out if it’s going to be a good fit.
Here are a couple of questions to ask during the interview:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many homes have you built?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Are there any additional fees I should know about?
- Can I make adjustments during construction if needed?
- What is the inspection process like?
- How and when will you be able to give me a final cost for the build?
If you want to find the right custom home builders, then asking questions like these is crucial.
Custom Home Builders in Toronto
Start jotting down what you want, make a list of potential builders, and start contacting them. This is the best and fastest way to start having your new home built.
If you want the best custom home builders in Toronto, see what we have to offer and what our clients say about us – we are the best in the Toronto area and want to help you get the home of your dreams!